Genshin Impact, the popular action role-playing game developed by HoYoVerse, has been gaining traction among players worldwide since its release in September 2020. One aspect of the game that has piqued the interest of many players is the Genshin Impact Pity System. In this article, we’ll delve into the mysteries of the Genshin Impact Pity System, explaining how it works, what it means for players, and how to make the most out of it.
What Is the Genshin Impact Pity System?
The Genshin Impact Pity System is a mechanism designed to help players acquire their desired characters and weapons. It functions by providing a higher drop rate for 5-star characters and weapons when a player’s luck has run out. Yes, you heard that right – the game actually takes pity on you when you’re having a streak of bad luck!
How Does the Genshin Impact Pity System Work?
Here’s where things get interesting. The Pity System operates on a hidden counter that increments every time a player performs a summoning without receiving a 5-star character or weapon. This counter continues to increase until it reaches 90, at which point the game guarantees a 5-star character or weapon drop.
To put it simply, the more summons a player performs without getting a 5-star result, the higher the chances become for the next summon to yield a 5-star character or weapon. The exact formula for calculating the drop rates is not publicly known, but based on observations and tests conducted by players, the consensus is that the drop rate for 5-stars increases progressively as follows:
0.6% for the first 10 summons
1.2% for summons 11-20
2.4% for summons 21-30
4.8% for summons 31-40
10% for summons 41-50
20% for summons 51-60
30% for summons 61-70
40% for summons 71-80
50% for summons 81-90
It’s worth mentioning that the Genshin Impact Pity System applies separately to characters and weapons. So, if you’re trying to get a specific character, the counter will increment independently for character summons, while weapon summons will have their own separate counter.
8 Tips for Maximising the Genshin Impact Pity System
Now that you know how the Genshin Impact Pity System works, here are some 8 tips and strategies to help you make the most out of it:
1. Don’t Spend All Your Wishes at Once: To maximise your chances of getting 5-star characters and weapons, avoid spending all your wishes at once. Instead, space out your summons over time to allow the Pity System to work in your favour.
2. Keep Track of Your Summons: Monitor your summon history to keep track of your progress towards the next 5-star drop. You can check your previous summons by navigating to the “Wish” menu and selecting “Summon History”.
3. Target Specific Banners: Another effective way to use your wishes is to target specific banners that feature the characters or weapons you want. This approach requires some planning and research, but it can increase your chances of getting the desired outcome.
4. Take Advantage of Special Events: Special events like character birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries often bring exclusive banners with increased drop rates for certain characters or weapons. Make sure to participate in these events to boost your chances of getting the rewards you want.
5. Use Your Fate Points Wisely: While Fate Points don’t directly impact the Pity System, they can still be valuable in helping you acquire the characters or weapons you desire. Consider saving up your Fate Points for the Weapon Event Wish banner, which offers increased drop rates for 5-star weapons.
6. Be Mindful of Your Resources: Managing your resources effectively is crucial in Genshin Impact. Make sure to prioritise your spending and save up for the characters or weapons that are truly important to you. Don’t waste your resources on unnecessary purchases or summons, especially when the Pity System is working in your favour.
7. Stay Informed: Keep yourself updated on the latest news, updates, and changes in the game. Follow the official social media accounts, join online communities, and participate in discussions to stay informed about upcoming events, new characters, and balancing changes that may impact your gameplay experience.
8. Have Fun: Lastly, remember that gaming is meant to be enjoyable! Don’t stress too much about the Pity System or getting the perfect characters. Enjoy the journey, explore the world of Teyvat, and have fun along the way.
In conclusion, understanding the Genshin Impact Pity System is vital for players who wish to optimise their summoning experience and acquire their desired characters and weapons efficiently. By familiarising themselves with the mechanics and utilising the strategies outlined above, players can increase their chances of obtaining the rarest and most sought-after rewards. Remember to remain patient, plan ahead, and make the most of your resources to achieve success in this beloved action RPG game. Need more Genshin Impact related guides? Follow our socials: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, so you can spare the headache when playing Genshin Impact.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Genshin Impact Pity System Limited to Certain Banners?
No, the Pity System is not limited to specific banners. It applies to all character and weapon summons across various banners, including the standard Wish system, Character Event Wish and Weapon Event Wish. However, it’s important to note that the Pity System does not apply to other types of rewards, such as materials or resources.
Do Fate Points Affect the Genshin Impact Pity System?
Fate Points are an essential part of the Genshin Impact Wish system, allowing players to redeem rewards from the Weapon Event Wish banner. However, they don’t directly affect the Pity System. Your Fate Points balance won’t influence the drop rates for 5-star characters or weapons.
Can I Reset My Pity Count?
Yes, you can reset your Pity Count by performing a single summon with a 5-star character or weapon. When you receive a 5-star reward, the Pity System resets, and the counter goes back down to zero. This means you’ll need to start building up your luck again for future summons.
- TECHNOLOGY2023.10.02Stripping Headlines From News Links Could Mark Musk’s Latest Revamp to Platform X
- GAMING2023.10.01The 6 Best Alternatives to Red Dead Redemption 2
- GAMING2023.10.01A Breakdown of Elden Ring’s 8 Most Rewarding Catacombs
- TECHNOLOGY2023.10.01Huawei Building Secret Network for Chips, Trade Group Warns