With a new storyline to experience, a refreshing underwater world to explore, and an amazing cast of characters to look forward to, Fontaine has been a breath of fresh air for Travelers all over the world. Speaking of characters, Fontaine promises unique mechanics and team compositions, and while Lyney has certainly been the first to demonstrate that, let’s look at what characters patch 4.1 has in store!
Upcoming Characters 4.1
The official Genshin Impact Twitter has teased Neuvillette and Wriothesley as the upcoming 5-Star characters in patch 4.1.
Neuvillette is the Hydro Archon’s right-hand man and the leader of the Marechaussee Phantom. In fact, most Travelers who have played through Fontaine’s first Archon Quest have probably met him and even witnessed a glimpse of his power. Regardless, make sure to farm up ample Varunada Lazurite, Fontemer Horn, Lumitoile, and Transoceanic Pearl to ascend him as soon as he is released.
Neuvillette is a 5-Star Hydro Catalyst user, and from the looks of his Talents, he is an on-field DPS, similar to Kamisato Ayato. Moreover, to level up his Talents, make sure to farm Teachings of Equity, Transoceanic Pearl, and Everamber from The Realm of Beginnings weekly boss in Sumeru.
As Still Waters (Normal/Charged Attack)
Given that Neuvillette is a catalyst user, his normal attack string spans up to three attacks, each dealing Hydro damage. Furthermore, his charged attack involves him charging up a Seal of Arbitration, where the charge-up time can be increased by standing in the vicinity of Sourcewater Droplets.
If Neuvillette is able to charge up a Seal of Arbitration fully, he will unleash a surging torrent in a beam-like fashion called Equitable Judgement. However, if his charge-up is cut short, then he will simply unleash a Hydro AoE attack.
O Tears, I Shall Repay (Elemental Skill)
When using Neuvillette’s Elemental Skill, he unleashes a waterfall attack in front of him, dealing AoE Hydro damage while also generating three Sourcewater Droplets. Moreover, as expected from Fontaine characters, the Elemental Skill also emits Pneuma-aligned energy, dealing Pneuma Hydro damage and disabling enemies with Ousia flowing through them.
O Tides, I Have Returned (Elemental Burst)
Upon activating his Elemental Burst, Neuvillette slams his cane into the ground to unleash a rupturing wave that deals AoE Hydro damage. This wave is then followed up by two waterfall attacks (Similar to his Elemental Skill), generating six Sourcewater Droplets.
Not only is Neuvillette’s Talent kit unique and interesting, perhaps even allowing Hydro Traveler to be viable in his teams, but his ascension passives significantly encourage levelling him up to Lv. 90.
Gather Like the Tide (Utility Passive)
Gather Like the Tide is a very good exploration passive that increases Neuvillette’s party members’ underwater sprint speed by 15%.
Heir to the Ancient Sea’s Legacy (1st Ascension Passive)
Heir to the Ancient Sea’s Legacy is a stack-like passive that increases Neuvillette’s charged attack damage, highlighting how it is an important part of his kit. Essentially, whenever a party member triggers any Hydro-related reaction (Vaporize, Frozen, Electro-Charged, Bloom, Hydro Swirl, or Hydro Crystallise), Neuvillette gains a stack of Past Draconic Glories for 30 seconds.
Each stack expires independently of the other, and a maximum of three stacks can exist at any point in time. With these stacks, Equitable Judgement’s damage increases by 110%/130%/160%, depending on the number of stacks available.
The High Arbitrator’s Discipline (4th Ascension Passive)
The High Arbitrator’s Discipline greatly rewards building Neuvillette’s HP because he gains a 0.6% Hydro DMG Bonus for every 1% HP he has over 30%. The increase, of course, is capped off at 30% Hydro DMG Bonus.
Neuvillette’s Constellations have also been leaked, where his C2 and C6 are the strongest. All of his Constellations are as follows:
- Venerable Institution (C1): Neuvillette automatically gains a Past Draconic Glories stack after taking the field. Moreover, he gains interruption resistance during his charge-up and Equitable Judgement attack.
- The Law Commands (C2): On top of the already existing buffs of a Past Draconic Glories stack, his Equitable Judgement Crit damage increases by 14%.
- Ancient Fiction (C3): Increases Normal Attack Talent level by 3 (Up to 15).
- Crowned in Compassion (C4): Neuvillette will generate a Sourcewater Droplet every time he is healed on-field. This can occur once every 4 seconds.
- Axiomatic Judgement (C5): Increases Elemental Burst Talent level by 3 (Up to 15).
- Wrathful Recompense (C6): For each Sourcewater Droplet absorbed while charging up Equitable Judgement, its duration is increased by 1 second. Moreover, when Equitable Judgement hits an enemy, two additional damage-dealing currents are generated every 2 seconds that deal Hydro damage equal to 10% of Neuvillette’s Max HP.
Travelers have yet to encounter Wriothesley in the game, but he was teased in the original Fontaine trailer alongside other Fontaine characters. In terms of his role in the story, all we know is that he is the Administrator of the Fortress of Meropide. Regardless, make sure to farm up ample Shivada Jade, Tubion Device, Subdetection Unit, and Meshing Gear to ascend him as soon as he is released.
Wriothesley is a Cryo Catalyst who will most certainly be an on-field DPS with Talents similar to Shikanoin Heizou (Hand-to-hand combat). Moreover, to level up his Talents, make sure to farm Teachings of Order, Meshing Gear, and Primordial Greenbloom from The Realm of Beginnings weekly boss in Sumeru.
Forceful Fists of Frost (Normal/Charged Attack)
Similar to Heizou, Wriothesley’s normal attack string is a five-punch rapid combo called Repelling Fists that inflicts Cryo damage. Moreover, his charged attack consumes stamina but allows him to propel forward and inflict AoE Cryo damage by unleashing Vaulting Fist.
Icefang Rush (Elemental Skill)
Upon activating his Elemental Skill, Icefang Rush, Wriothesley will enter the Chilling Penalty state, similar to how the Wanderer enters his Windfavoured state. In this state, not only does he gain interruption resistance, but his normal attacks do more damage (Scaling off Talent level) as long as his HP remains above 50%. However, he will lose HP every time his buffed attack hits an enemy, making it necessary to run a healer with him (Such as Diona, Bennett, Kuki Shinobu) to maintain Chilling Penalty uptime.
Darkgold Wolfbite (Elemental Burst)
Upon activating his Elemental Burst, Wriothesley pulls out his boxing gloves and unleashes a powerful frontal strike to do multiple instances of AoE Cryo damage, similar to Diluc’s Dawn. Moreover, in case you were wondering which part of Wriothesley’s kit falls under the Arkhe system, it’s his Elemental Burst, which inflicts Cryo Ousia damage, disabling enemies that have Pneuma energy coursing through them.
Similar to Neuvillette, most of Wriothesley’s ascension passives greatly enhance his personal damage. However, as you will see, they will require him to be played a certain way in order to dish out maximum damage.
The Duke’s Grace (Utility Passive)
This passive makes it so whenever Wriothesley crafts Ascension Material, there is a 10% chance of getting double the product. We’ve already seen this A1 passive on characters like Albedo and Alhaitham, so it’s not that helpful in comparison to Neuvillette’s A1 passive.
There Shall Be a Plea for Justice (1st Ascension Passive)
There Shall Be a Plea for Justice makes it so whenever Wriothesley falls below 60% HP, he gains a Gracious Rebuke once every 5 seconds (Max one stack). Under the effect of Gracious Rebuke, Wriothesley’s charged attack becomes Rebuke: Vaulting Fist, where it does not consume stamina, does 30% more damage and heals 30% of his Max HP.
There Shall Be a Reckoning for Sin (4th Ascension Passive)
Whenever Wriothesley’s HP increases or decreases during the Chilling Penalty state, he gains a Prosecution Edict stack, giving him 6% more ATK. He can have a maximum of five Prosecution Edict stacks at any point in time.
Wriothesley’s Constellations have also been leaked, where his C1, C2, and C6 are the strongest. All of his Constellations are as follows:
- Terrorise the Evildoers (C1): This constellation buffs Gracious Rebuke in the sense that it is also created when the fifth attack of his normal attack string hits the enemy during the Chilling Penalty state. Moreover, Rebuke: Vaulting Fist will deal 150% more damage and extend the duration of the Chilling Penalty state by 4 seconds.
- Shackle the Arrogant (C2): Wriothesley’s Elemental Burst, Darkgold Wolfbite, will do 40% more damage for each Prosecution Edict stack.
- Punish the Frauds (C3): Increases Normal Attack Talent level by 3 (Up to 15).
- Redeem Those Who Suffer (C4): Rebuke: Vaulting Fist will now heal Wriothesley for 50% of his HP. However, if the added HP overflows, it will increase his attack speed by 20% for 4 seconds if he is on-field and increase the entire party’s attack speed by 10% for 6 seconds if he is off-field.
- Mercy for the Wrongly Accused (C5): Increases Elemental Burst Talent level by 3 (Up to 15).
- Cherish the Innocent (C6): Rebuke: Vaulting Fist gains 10% Crit rate and 80% Crit damage, on top of the fact that, upon hitting, an icicle is unleashed as a follow-up attack.
Even though it feels like Hoyoverse is going to release Fontaine’s best two characters in patch 4.1, no one can be sure. While Neuvillette and Wriothesley seem to be very strong and fun to play, judging by the leaks, the Hydro Archon and many more characters are yet to come. Who will you be saving your Primogems for?
Frequently Asked Questions
Are There Any Other Cryo Catalyst Characters Aside From Wriothesley?
No, Wriothesley is going to be Genshin Impact’s first Cryo Catalyst character. Many players are excited about this because that would mean he can trigger freeze at will just through his normal attack string, making traversing over large bodies of water a piece of cake!
Who Has a Higher Damage Ceiling, Neuvillette, or Wriothesley?
As things stand, Neuvillette has a higher damage ceiling than Wriothesley, considering that the leaked scalings are correct. Moreover, he currently has better Hydro supports like Yelan that can amplify his personal damage and grant Hydro resonance for more Max HP.
Who is More Fun to Play, Neuvillette or Wriothesley?
Wriothesley is more fun to play. Catalyst users are generally considered monotonous to play because they mostly have to stand still. The exceptions, currently, are Wanderer and Heizou, with Wriothesley soon to join them. According to leaked footage, his normal attack string and Elemental burst have impressive and impactful animations, almost as if he is boxing!
- AI2023.11.30Singapore Invests in AI Training for Professionals to Empower Healthcare
- CRYPTO2023.11.305 Takeaways From America’s Crypto Industry Biggest Crackdown in History
- GAMING2023.11.30Does Persona 5 Tactica Take Place After Strikers?
- AI2023.11.30AI in Pancreatic Cancer Detection: Will AI Doctors Aids Be Real?