God of War Ragnarok is a beautiful game with an immersive storyline, sleek in-game mechanics, and fun characters. The animations and graphics are also top-notch, so you can get lost in a world where you’re the God of War. Thus, combos are the best way to bring out Kratos’ full potential.
At Kratos’ max strength, you can crush enemies before you even exhaust a combo set. So, picture the amount of devastation you can unleash on your enemies when you know five combos. Learn how to tame the harsh realms of God of War Ragnarok today.
Top 5 Combos for God of War Ragnarok
These are the top five combos for both beginners and pro-level players. Use them to gain an edge in combat.
#1: Death to the King
This combo needs you at the top of your game because you have to quickly string the moves together. But that’s in between some dodges and parries. To kill strong enemies like Berserker King, follow the steps below.
- Use Frost Awaken, then do a Frost Breach by pressing R1 immediately to swing at enemies, thereby applying the Frost effect.
- Next, press and hold R1 to drag the axe through the ground in a sweeping motion that’ll send ice shards at your enemies.
- Now, use Winter’s Bite, a Light Runic Attack and then follow up with Mists of Helheim, a Heavy Runic Attack.
- Then use the ability button and R1 to recall your axe and perform a spin attack. Press R1 once more to slash your enemies.
- Now, follow up with the Whirling Storm by moving forward and pressing R1. Afterwards, parry enemies to prepare them for the next half of the combo.
- Bash the Dauntless shield to stun enemies further and then switch to your Draupnir spear to use Huldra Charge, a Light Runic Attack.
- Next up, activate Hilt of the Hofud Relic and then perform Vindsvalr’s Windstorm, a Heavy Runic Attack.
- Now, switch to your blades and then shield bash to stun enemies. Hold the ability button to use Flame Whiplash. You can use this combo multiple times.
- Switch back to the Leviathan Axe and then use Glacial Permafrost by blocking and using the ability button.
- Finally, use Whirlwind Storm, Glacial Rake, and then use Whirlwind Storm again.
Note: Use the upgraded versions of Frost Awaken and Flame Whiplash for better results.
#2: Wombo Combo
This isn’t League of Legends or Dota 2, but wombo combo is slang for a moveset that can crush an enemy long before you complete the combo. But the catch is that you have to get the enemy alone. To pull off a wombo combo, follow the steps below.
- Parry and then use Hyperion Pull.
- Follow up with Blazing Surge and then Blazing Explosion to burn your enemies.
- Next, use Hyperion Pull twice before switching to your fists and utilising the Sprint Shield Charge.
- Perform three bare-handed Light Attacks and then switch to the Leviathan Axe.
- So, do a Light Attack, follow through with Whirlwind Storm and Glacial Rake, and then complete the combo with Serpent’s Snare by holding R2 to charge the attack.
#3: The Nut Breaker
Wondering how you can cut a boss monster’s health in half within mere minutes? Then, the nut breaker is the perfect combo for you. It’s perfect for beasts like Gulltoppr, Heimdall’s mount. You can perform the nut breaker by following the step-by-step guide below.
- Use Frost Breach to freeze enemies immediately after you’ve imbued ice into your axe using Frost Awaken.
- Follow up with Glacial Rake to send ice shards towards your enemies.
- From there, use Evasive Storm by leaning backwards and pressing R1 at the same time. Kratos will perform a boomerang attack.
- Now throw the axe using R1 and then recall it to use Frost Awaken.
- You can shield bash to cancel any beast or monster’s attack.
- From there, use Frost Breach and then follow up with Glacial Rake.
- Switch to your blades to activate Flames of Anguish, a Light Runic Attack.
- Use Hyperion Grapple, then Flame Whiplash and finish off the enemy using Hyperion Grapple once more.
#4: Say Cheese!
Not all combos need to be ridiculously long to be potent. Say cheese will always catch your enemies off guard because it’s a long-range attack. To perform this combo, follow the steps below. Note that this combo is best used on a single target.
- Activate Hilt of Skofnung Relic to unleash the souls of the Berserkers you defeated to wreak havoc on the battlefield.
- Use Artillery of the Ancients, a Heavy Runic Attack that’ll rain down spears onto an enemy.
- Throw multiple Draupnir spears at your opponent and then use Draupnir’s Call to detonate the spears embedded in your opponent.
#5: The Army Killer
The army killer is the perfect combo for defeating big groups of enemies. A lot of the attacks in this combo have a wide range and can knock back enemies. You can try this combo out by following the steps below.
- Use Hyperion Grapple and follow up with R1 to perform a Light Attack.
- Perform Evasive Embers and transition from Flame Whiplash to the Scorched Sweep attack.
- Follow up the sweep attack with a Hyperion Pull and perform a Light Runic Attack, Flames of Anguish.
- Switch to your axe, then perform Frost Ascending, and follow through with R1 to slash your opponent.
- Finally, use Glacial Rake and then finish off your opponent with Serpent’s Snare.
Our Final Say
Ease the stress of brainstorming custom movesets by trying out any of these combos. They’ll surely make short work of your enemies.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Armor Combination in God of War Ragnarok?
While God of War Ragnarok armors depend on your playstyle, one of the best armor combinations is the Steinbjorn armor set. Sure, you have to grind a bit to gather all the pieces of this set. But getting the chest piece alone will grant you the biggest defence boon. Also, the chest piece will heal you whenever you deal damage to enemies.
What’s the Best Way to Play God of War Ragnarok?
There are tips you can follow if you want to crack open God of War Ragnarok like an egg. Some of them are:
- Pick an armor according to your playstyle.
- Smash every vase, cart, or object you find to gather Hacksilver.
- Always kill Odin’s ravens even when you get bored of hunting them.
- Master the parry.
What Is the Highest Strength in God of War Ragnarok?
The highest strength in God of War Ragnarok is 1,003. But you can only achieve this state in the New Game Plus.
- GAMING2023.12.078 Cringe-Worthy Game Delays of 2023 | We Almost Cried!
- AI2023.12.07Latest AI Writing Assistant From Google: “Help Me Write” AI Feature for Chrome Browser Users
- GAMING2023.12.07Diablo 4: Blizzard Has Now Fixed the Accidental Nerf It Gave to Every Player
- AI2023.12.07Sports Illustrated Accused of Publishing AI-Written Articles