Apex Legends has a diverse range of Legends, but you don’t need to go very far if you’re seeking a great recon Legend. That Legend is none other than Seer. While Seer may not possess the same extensive land-scanning capabilities as Bloodhound or the ability to transport allies like Valkyrie, his exceptional scanning abilities still make him a formidable opponent in close foes and help you win many squad battles in enclosed spaces.
If you want to fully understand Seer’s sneaky abilities and find those sneaky campers and foes, take a look at the following information.
Seer in a Nutshell: A Brief Overview
|Real Name||Obi Edolasim (Seer)|
|Background||Born under a bad omen|
|Early Life||Drew to the Arenas|
|Reputation||Champion to the downtrodden|
|Passive Ability||Heart Seeker|
|Tactical Ability||Focus of Attention (Cooldown 30s)|
|Ultimate Ability||Exhibit (Cooldown 120s)|
Passive Ability: Enemy Detection and Directional Indicators with Heart Seekers
Just guess what Heart Seeker could be. Anyone can understand – Heart Seeker is a special passive ability that lets you hear the heartbeats of your enemy. Seer’s passive ability is a game-changer in Apex Legends. It allows him to sense enemies within a 75-metre cone just by aiming, including their exact direction and number. This ability is perfect for recon players to gather crucial information about enemy positions. A recent balance update has tweaked some aspects, but Seer’s ability remains incredibly helpful.
Know Your Enemy All Wishes by Listening to Their Hearts
- Toggle Heart Seeker for real-time enemy positions. It’s a passive ability with no cooldown, making it invaluable.
- Make use of Heart Seeker while aiming and tracking enemies behind obstacles. Pay attention to the heartbeats’ volume.
- Use the sound of the enemy’s heartbeats to determine their health status and distance. But don’t rely solely on Heart Seeker.
Seer’s Tactical Ability – Drone Beam and Its Functions with Focus of Attention
The other exceptional ability is Seer’s tactical ability, Drone Beam, which sends out a swarm of drones revealing enemies caught in its orange outline. It displays their remaining health and shield, including Evo armour quality. It can interrupt healing, revive attempts, and silence enemies from using abilities. This valuable tool can catch enemies off guard and disrupt their plans.
Seer’s Focus of Attention is different from Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather, with a cylindrical shape covering 75 metres and displaying health bars. It lasts eight seconds with a 30-second cooldown. A balance update increased the detonation delay and added a movement penalty while casting.
Unleash Your Foes Secretes with These Tips
- Timing is crucial for Seer’s Tactical. Don’t spam it, or you may waste its value.
- Use Seer’s Tactical to help decide whether to fight or flee depending on enemy health.
- Seer’s Tactical has a slight delay before it deploys. You can dodge it if facing an enemy Seer.
- Use Seer’s Tactical behind cover to avoid vulnerability. Holding it before casting acts like aiming down sights.
Seer’s Ultimate Ability – Dome Tracking and Strategic Advantages
Seer’s ultimate ability, Exhibit, is your ace up your sleeve that can turn the tide of a battle. It unleashes a swarm of micro-drones that create a sphere in a large radius, revealing enemy locations and footsteps. Whether you’re indoors or outdoors, Exhibit marks enemies that are “Moving quickly,” giving you and your team a decisive edge.
While it takes 120 seconds to recharge, the ability is worth the wait. The exhibit reinforces the advantages of Seer’s abilities and elevates them to new heights when they all come together, securing a victory in a match.
Make Your Enemies Vulnerable with These Tips
- Timing is key when using Exhibit. Wait for the right moment to activate it and use your tactical ability beforehand to determine its worth.
- Be aware that enemies can destroy the device, so it’s important to prioritise protecting it and placing it in a secure location.
- The heart chamber of Exhibit can be destroyed, so prioritise enemies targeting it to prevent the ultimate from being eliminated.
- Save your ultimate for the endgame to give your team an advantage against the final few squads.
Playing as a Seer
Utilise Seer’s passive ability to frequently scan your surroundings for enemy movements and reduce the risk of getting third parties.
- Use your holstered aim to remain mobile and quickly spin around, making it easier to keep up with rotations and scout ahead.
- Consider chaining your passive ability and centering your sight into a tactical for an advantage in the initial shots fired.
- Save Seer’s ultimate for the final closeout when it can cover the entire remaining area of the map.
- Pair Seer with other legends like Valkyrie or Bloodhound for additional long-range Recon.
Playing Against the Seer
- Be aware of the strong abilities Seer possesses and avoid holding enclosed areas that may allow him to plant his ultimate.
- Stay still, crouched, or go airborne to avoid detection from Seer’s ultimate.
- Remember that Seer’s abilities have a fair amount of visual and noise presence, making it easier to locate him.
- Use legends like Bangalore to obscure the battlefield with smoke grenades, reducing the value of Seer’s detection gear.
- Take advantage of Seer’s lack of mobility, making him more vulnerable to aggressive plays.
Unleash Seer’s Full Potential with These Perfect Pairings in Apex Legends
Teaming up with Seer can give you a huge advantage in Apex Legends. His broad and valuable kit makes him a great pick for pretty much any comp. Pairing him with other Legends can take your gameplay to the next level. For example, Valkyrie provides that additional layer of long-range Recon that Seer lacks, making it a top-tier pairing for both long and close-range visibility.
Bangalore is also a great pick as her smoke grenades can obscure the battlefield, increasing the value of Seer’s enemy detection gear. And if you want to chain scans together, Bloodhound is your best bet. Seer is highly flexible in terms of comps, so take the time to experiment and find the perfect pairing for your play style.
Seer’s abilities make him a formidable opponent in Apex Legends, and his exceptional scanning abilities can help you win many squad battles in enclosed spaces. Whether playing as Seer or against him, understanding his abilities and how to use them to your advantage is key to success. And if you want to maximise Seer’s potential, experiment with pairing him with other Legends that complement his kit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Seer’s Backstory in Apex Legends?
Seer was born under a bad omen, with a meteor striking his world’s moon the night he was born. He was initially seen as cursed, but his parents saw his true empathic soul. Seer found solace in the theatricality of the Arenas, where he became a champion to the downtrodden.
What Is the Best Gun for a Seer?
Seer is best paired with the Wingman pistol and SMGs like R-99 or Prowler (When available). Optics-wise, 1x HCOG or 2x HCOG Bruiser is recommended. Use the Quickdraw Holster hop-up to increase ADS speed. For initiating at long-range, use R-301 Carbine or VK-47 Flatline, then switch to Peacekeeper or EVA-8 for close-range combat.
What Is Seer’s Weakness?
The seer’s greatest weakness is aerial targets due to the delay in Focus of Attention, making it difficult to time. The exhibit also stops tracking targets that leave the ground, making Pathfinder’s Zipline Gun, Octane’s Jump Pad, and other Legends’ mobility abilities effective counters against Seer.