Meet Viper, American chemist and Valorant’s most toxic agent. She deploys deadly chemical weapons, burning and suffocating enemies with ease. She controls areas with her fuel gauge, while her Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen melt foes and block vision. Her cunning tactics and lethal arsenal make her the ultimate weapon for victory.
Viper has made a huge resurgence in Valorant. There was a time when most players chose other agents like Neon, Cypher, and others, but only a few realised its potential as a map controller, while others ignored our poisonous friend. Let’s break down this toxic and angry agent without any further delay.
Viper in Valorant: A Snapshot of Her Profile, Abilities, and Traits
|Real Name||Sabine Heller|
|Signature Ability||Toxic Screen|
|Ultimate Ability||Viper’s Pit|
|Weapons||Vandal, Operator, Phantom|
|Playstyle||Map control, area denial, trapping enemies|
|Strengths||Toxic utility, post-plant control|
|Weaknesses||Vulnerable while using abilities, limited mobility|
|Personality||Savage, confident, toxic to enemies, amiable to allies|
|Appearance||Jet black hair, green eyes, green and black bodysuit, black mask (With gas mask during ultimate|
Fuel Management: Maximising Viper’s Abilities
Before diving into Viper’s arsenal of abilities, let’s discuss her unique passive fuel. Viper’s unique passive fuel powers two of her abilities: Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen. When using both abilities at once, fuel depletes faster and lasts only 10 seconds. It’s crucial to manage fuel as it recharges over time if not used. Players must always keep an eye on Viper’s fuel to ensure optimal ability use.
There are four abilities of Viper. Two are basic, which include Poison Cloud and Snake Bite, and one is passive, which is Toxic Screen. The fourth ability is Viper Pit. Let’s dive into each one by one, so you can learn how to make the best use of them.
Unleashing Chaos with Viper’s Poison Cloud
Viper’s Poison Cloud ability can be a game-changer in Valorant, allowing you to block enemy vision and cause their health to decay upon contact. To use this ability effectively, it’s important to position it deep into a choke point to maximise the space you’re denying from the enemy.
Tips for Using Poison Cloud Effectively
- Mind your fuel usage and the 8-second delay when using Poison Cloud.
- Keep the cloud up for a brief moment longer to delay enemies if they’re close.
- Drop the cloud early if enemies are backing up to let your fuel replenish.
- Reposition the cloud by picking it up to maximise its effectiveness in different scenarios.
Caution: Knowing When to Drop the Cloud
Use Poison Cloud strategically by dropping it early to rotate or delay enemies, rather than keeping it up at all times. Don’t overuse it and become vulnerable to enemy attacks. Coordinate with your team to maximise its effectiveness.
C- Snake Bite
Introducing Snake Bite: Viper’s Molotov
Snake Bite is Viper’s ability that fires a canister with a chemical launcher that creates a lingering toxic zone upon impact, dealing damage and making enemies vulnerable to double damage. It lasts for 2 seconds and can be bounced off walls to secure positions. Use it wisely to clear out common spots and stall enemies during post-plant setups or defence.
Tips for Using Snake Bite Effectively
- Post-plant setups are perfect for using Snake Bite, so save them for when it really counts.
- Use line-ups to delay enemies and secure positions by bouncing Snake Bites off walls.
- Don’t forget that Snake Bites last for 5.5 seconds, so stalling for just 11 seconds can make a huge difference in winning rounds.
Blocking Vision with Viper’s Toxic Screen
Viper’s Toxic Screen is a powerful ability that allows you to throw down a line of gas emitters and create a wall that blocks enemy vision. This ability also features Viper’s passive toxin, which deals damage to enemies who push through the wall.
Placing Toxic Screen Effectively
- Pay attention to the mini-map indicator to effectively place a Toxic Screen.
- Unlike Poison Cloud, you can’t pick up Toxic Screen, so place it wisely.
- Toxic Screen can block off multiple choke points and areas, so aim towards the sky to prevent objects from stopping the ability too early.
Caution: Don’t Waste the Ability
Avoid placing a Toxic Screen where it doesn’t make sense for your position or if teammates are already covering certain areas. Using the ability wisely can save multiple abilities for more efficient gameplay.
(X) Viper’s Pit
Viper’s Ultimate: Dominate the Battlefield with Viper’s Pit
Viper’s Pit is a powerful ultimate ability that allows Viper to create a massive poisonous cloud that reduces enemies’ vision range and maximum health when inside it. It is particularly effective in post-plant situations and can be used on both the attacking and defending sides.
Tips for Using Viper’s Pit: Maximising its Potential
- Activate Viper’s Pit before enemies can get a clear shot at you since it takes time to spread.
- Use Viper’s Pit during post-plant situations to force enemies to enter the cloud if they want to defuse.
- Pair Viper’s Pit with a shotgun for close-range combat and use it to block popular chokepoints like B main.
Cautionary Notes: Watch Out for Counter-Abilities and Team Coordination
Enemies can use abilities such as darts and flashes to locate and damage you while inside the cloud. Guard outside of Viper’s Pit for vision and avoid being attacked from multiple angles. Consider leaving the pit to catch enemies off guard when they enter.
How to Effectively Use Viper When Attacking?
- Use your Toxic Screen to block enemy vision and take control of an area on the site. Don’t forget to aim towards the sky to prevent objects from blocking the ability.
- Communicate with your team when you’re about to run out of fuel, so they can adjust their strategy accordingly. You can also use this opportunity to lurk and catch the enemy off-guard.
- Play defensively when you have line-ups in place. Use your utility to delay the enemy’s push, giving your team more time to set up and plan their next move.
- Use your Viper’s Pit to take control of smaller sites and force enemies back. This ability can also be useful during post-plant situations, giving your team an advantage when defending the site.
How to Effectively Use Viper When Defending?
- Use your Toxic Screen to deny enemy pushes and force them to take alternative routes. This can be especially useful when paired with a Snake Bite to deal damage and slow down the enemy.
- Throw Snake Bites near your Toxic Screen or smoke to prevent enemies from sneaking through. Remember, stalling the enemy’s push can make a huge difference in winning rounds.
- Use your Viper’s Pit to single-handedly defend a site, giving your team an advantage by limiting the enemy’s vision and reducing their health. This ability can also be useful for quick and easy retakes.
- Use your Poison Cloud deep into entrances to take control and for easier lurks. This can be especially useful in combination with your team’s utility, like a Sage slow orb or a Brimstone smoke.
In conclusion, our green toxic queen is a powerful agent in Valorant who can control areas and trap enemies with her toxic abilities. To maximise her abilities, you must manage her fuel, use her abilities strategically, and coordinate with their team. What are your favourite tips for playing Viper in Valorant? Share with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes Viper Unique Among Other Agents in Valorant?
Viper’s unique abilities revolve around controlling areas with her poisonous arsenal, including the ability to block enemy vision, deal damage, and restrict enemy movement, making her a highly effective map controller.
Why Is Viper Always So Angry?
Viper’s aggressive personality is fuelled by a desire for revenge against those who have taken things from her. She is determined to use her lethal arsenal to achieve her goals.
Is Viper Easy to Use for Beginners?
Viper can be challenging for beginners due to her complex abilities and the need for effective fuel management, but with practice, she can be a valuable asset to any team.