If you’re considering purchasing the iPhone X and want to know if it can withstand water, you’re in luck because iPhone X has a water resistance rating of IP67, meaning it can withstand being submerged in water up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. It’s worth noting that the iPhone X is water-resistant, not waterproof, so it’s essential to use caution when using it near water. Despite its water-resistant capabilities, avoiding exposing your phone to excessive water or moisture is still a good idea.
What Is the iPhone X’s Water Resistance Rating?
The iPhone X has a water resistance rating of IP67, which means that it is dust-tight and can withstand being submerged in water up to a depth of 1 meter (or about 3 feet) for up to 30 minutes. This makes it one of the more water-resistant smartphones on the market, but it is not completely waterproof.
Is Water Damage Covered Under the iPhone X Warranty?
Unfortunately, Apple’s warranty does not cover liquid damage for the iPhone X, or any other iPhone for that matter. This means that if your phone is damaged by water, you will not be able to get it fixed or replaced through Apple.
What Is the Best Water Resistance Rating for Smartphones?
Smartphones are graded on their dust and water resistance using an IP Code, also known as an Ingress Protection Rating or an International Protection Rating. Devices are assigned a score of 0-6 for dust resistance and 0-8 for water resistance, with higher scores indicating better protection.
Currently, the only smartphones with an IP68 rating – the highest rating a device can receive – are the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S8. However, Apple has recently filed a patent in Taiwan for what appears to be an iPhone with an IP68 rating, indicating that the company is working on improving its water resistance capabilities.
Conclusion: Is my iPhone X Waterproof?
While the iPhone X is not completely waterproof, it is certainly one of the more water-resistant smartphones on the market. Its IP67 rating means that it can withstand being submerged in water up to 1 meter deep for up to 30 minutes. However, it is important to note that water damage is not covered under the iPhone X’s warranty, so it is always a good idea to use caution when using your phone near water.
- Ahmed is an experienced news editor at Player.me magazine, where he has been bringing the latest and most interesting tech news to readers for the past five years. He has delved into the inner workings of some of the biggest names in the tech industry, including Apple and Google, and has also honed his skills as a reporter and editor at other publications. With his extensive knowledge and passion for all things tech, Ahmed is sure to keep you informed and engaged.
- GAMING2023.03.22Details for the Resident Evil 4 Remake Release Date and All Outfits and Skins for Leon, Ashley as Well as Ada
- GAMING2023.03.21Seven Things You Wish You Knew Before Playing Hogwarts Legacy
- TECHNOLOGY2023.01.22Is Apple Pay accepted at Dunkin’ ? (2023)
- LIFESTYLE2023.01.11What is the Meaning of “Will You be My Valentine?”