Guerrilla Games has confirmed that it is working on two new games in the Horizon franchise, including a multiplayer title. In a recruitment tweet, the studio stated that it is also working on more “epic solo adventures” for Aloy, the main character of the first two games. The multiplayer game, set in the Horizon universe, will feature new characters and a “unique stylized look,” and will allow friends to play together, suggesting a focus on co-op gameplay.
Rumors of a multiplayer Horizon game have been circulating since last year, and the confirmation from Guerrilla Games comes as Sony focuses on live service games, with plans to release 10 such games by March 2026, including a multiplayer version of The Last of Us. It is unclear at this time how the online Horizon game fits into Sony’s overall strategy.
In addition to the three upcoming games and the Horizon Forbidden West expansion, the Horizon series is also set to include a TV show in development at Netflix, as well as rumored mobile and remastered versions for the PlayStation 5.
- Ahmed is an experienced news editor at Player.me magazine, where he has been bringing the latest and most interesting tech news to readers for the past five years. He has delved into the inner workings of some of the biggest names in the tech industry, including Apple and Google, and has also honed his skills as a reporter and editor at other publications. With his extensive knowledge and passion for all things tech, Ahmed is sure to keep you informed and engaged.
- GAMING2023.03.22Details for the Resident Evil 4 Remake Release Date and All Outfits and Skins for Leon, Ashley as Well as Ada
- GAMING2023.03.21Seven Things You Wish You Knew Before Playing Hogwarts Legacy
- TECHNOLOGY2023.01.22Is Apple Pay accepted at Dunkin’ ? (2023)
- LIFESTYLE2023.01.11What is the Meaning of “Will You be My Valentine?”