Losing access to your Instagram account can be a frustrating and stressful experience, especially if your account has been hacked. In an effort to make the recovery process easier, Instagram has created a new, comprehensive destination where users can report and resolve issues with their account access.
To access this feature, users simply need to open a browser on their phone or computer and go to Instagram. From there, they can select the issue they are experiencing, such as being hacked, forgetting their password, losing access to two-factor authentication, or having their account disabled. The site will then offer a series of steps for users to follow to recover their access. If users have multiple accounts, they can select the specific account that needs support.
In addition to this new destination, Instagram has also launched the option for users to ask their friends to confirm their identity if they lose access to their account. If a user can’t log in, they can select two of their Instagram friends to confirm their identity. Once these friends verify that the account belongs to the user, they will regain access.
Instagram is also testing new methods to prevent hacking before it occurs. For example, the platform is currently developing a way to notify users if an account that is impersonating someone else requests to follow them. In the coming months, Instagram will also release a feature that will warn users if an account that impersonates a business sends them a direct message.
Furthermore, Instagram is now showing the verified badge – a blue checkmark that indicates an account can be trusted – on even more places across its platform. Verified badges can now be seen in Stories and direct messages, and will soon be available in the feed as well. By increasing the visibility of verified badges, Instagram hopes to help users identify trusted accounts and avoid falling victim to impersonation or scams.
- Ahmed is an experienced news editor at Player.me magazine, where he has been bringing the latest and most interesting tech news to readers for the past five years. He has delved into the inner workings of some of the biggest names in the tech industry, including Apple and Google, and has also honed his skills as a reporter and editor at other publications. With his extensive knowledge and passion for all things tech, Ahmed is sure to keep you informed and engaged.
- GAMING2023.03.22Details for the Resident Evil 4 Remake Release Date and All Outfits and Skins for Leon, Ashley as Well as Ada
- GAMING2023.03.21Seven Things You Wish You Knew Before Playing Hogwarts Legacy
- TECHNOLOGY2023.01.22Is Apple Pay accepted at Dunkin’ ? (2023)
- LIFESTYLE2023.01.11What is the Meaning of “Will You be My Valentine?”